• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tower Project Pics.

Do NOT ever try that technique with a freestanding tower. Well that is unless you dig the hole deep enough you can't see out of it and wide enough that you can lay down in it. :D

Should he line the hole with one of these?

coffinconstruction15.jpg

I went 4x4x4 for my freestander. Thats what the tower manufactuer recomended. Butted it up to the concrete from a old sat dish so it has a big boob on the side most the wind comes from lol. Its alot of fun talking twice as far local over a grond plane. Like they say if ya cant hear them you cant talk to them. I have a 5 elment h/v maco up and I love it eastside. I used to talk on a moonraker a friend of the family had up in the 70s and it talked great also. A tram and 1000 watts to play with when I was 13 or so was a blast with that big ol quagi!

Congrats on the tower. I know you will really enjoy radio now.

Thanks....it is giving me a smile on my face every time I turn on the radio and turn it a little and then listen...its nothing short of amazing. :)

I went 4x4x4 for my freestander. Thats what the tower manufactuer recomended. Butted it up to the concrete from a old sat dish so it has a big boob on the side most the wind comes from lol. Its alot of fun talking twice as far local over a grond plane. Like they say if ya cant hear them you cant talk to them. I have a 5 elment h/v maco up and I love it eastside. I used to talk on a moonraker a friend of the family had up in the 70s and it talked great also. A tram and 1000 watts to play with when I was 13 or so was a blast with that big ol quagi!

Yeah...I used to guy over to my older brothers house back in the early 70s and mostly watch him talk around the world....between my uncle Bob and my older brother....that is my early exposure to radios...to a kid it was extremely fascinating. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.