• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tr 966

Audio Man

Jan 13, 2008
i bought this radio, talked on it for a couple secs and then, bang!! no output at all. today, I changed the final and driver, however while i get output, about 15w peak, (that will have to be fixed also) the final is heating up way way to fast and way to hot!! the power drops off if keyed for 4 to 5 secs let it cool everything is fine again. Somebody put a vr power on the front that works fine, other than that i don't see any other modification done for power,
What can be causing this? there is plenty of compound on both the final and insulator.

i should also add that when u talk in the radio, the peak hangs for a sec before it drops back there is also some kind of copper coil added in front of the final, i don't know what was there, if somebody had a good close up of the final area would help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.