• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trailer Hitch Mount.???

Mag mounts according to Sirio are to be temporary. However if you keep a mag mount as a permanent fixture,periodically remove it to clean any dirt that may have accumulated and clean,polish,and put a good quality wax on the place the magmount sits. Cloth may accumulate dirt and accelerate wear on the paint. Note: If more holding power is desired providing you have a sufficient magmount and add another sheet of ferrous metal behind the panel. Extra thickness = more holding power

Hey everyone

Would a hitch mount be alright.? Any places via the web that offer nice mounts with extensions and that will hold a coily or 102 whip.

Let me know
DIZH
911P

You sure can. I did that for years . just make sure your antenna is at least 1 to 2 feet away from the hatch or glass . and at least 60% of the antenna clears the vechicle height . must use at least 18 feet of coax. 21 feet will probably give you a perfect match . some people don't use the spring . (y)

Reactions: 1 person
You sure can. I did that for years . just make sure your antenna is at least 1 to 2 feet away from the hatch or glass . and at least 60% of the antenna clears the vechicle height . must use at least 18 feet of coax. 21 feet will probably give you a perfect match . some people don't use the spring . (y)

Yes it will work but at best will be about 5% efficient. If it's your only option then you must do with what you can.

Anything and everything you would want to know about mobile antenna mounting is explained here... KØBG.COM

The other poster is correct, the metal under the antenna is far far more important then the metal next to it. A trailer hitch mount is by far the worse mount ou could use.

if he doesn't want to poke a hole in the roof . the hitch is ok . there would be a lot more gain factor on the roof , but we are talking about doing something off the hitch . <gotproof>

Yes it will work but at best will be about 5% efficient. If it's your only option then you must do with what you can.

5% my ass . I had one on my hitch for at least a year before I decided to drill a hole in the roof . its a lot more efficient than 5% . lol lol lol

more like 75% efficient . steel whip is tapered also . <gotproof>(y)

Steel whip with NO ground plane under it... 5% at best. Not saying it didn't work but could have worked a lot better. Have a read... Antenna Efficiency

hey w9. I no all about that information . okkkkkkkkk

im also one of them guys that talked off an antenna only 2 and half feet tall off my mobile and was phased with the hole truck to ground . you guys aint got nothing on the kind of stuff I do on low band . I be going up to 40 and 80 meters soon to show these boys how it is done using less power than them , lol lol lol bump on this Star Gun :p

hey w9. I no all about that information . okkkkkkkkk

im also one of them guys that talked off an antenna only 2 and half feet tall off my mobile and was phased with the hole truck to ground . you guys aint got nothing on the kind of stuff I do on low band . I be going up to 40 and 80 meters soon to show these boys how it is done using less power than them , lol lol lol bump on this Star Gun :p

HVM.. Whatever you want to do that makes you happy. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 person
Once again HVMNJ claims everyone else knows jack shit while he knows all and has the answers to everything. He has five days to get his act together. Not sure but it sounds more like he is in need of 28 days followed by twelve steps. :D

Once again HVMNJ claims everyone else knows jack shit while he knows all and has the answers to everything. He has five days to get his act together. Not sure but it sounds more like he is in need of 28 days followed by twelve steps. :D

ive already explained myself and if you did read instead of ramble on with a full paragraph of bullshit then you could be on planet earth , instead of accusing me on drinking and the liquor store, lol lol lol I think maybe you should call Marconi or BB on this one to bail u out . its dam hard to beat a technician and a master .<gotproof>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.