• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201a

weatherman49

Apr 27, 2006
El Dorado AR
Well first let me say Hello and sorry it's been awhile since I posted I've been moving! lots O' fun!! LOL! Any way I just perchased a mint cond Tram D201a I would like to add extra channels. Any one here know how to do it? any help will be great!!

Is that not a crystal controlled 40 channel ? If so ,looks like you'll be wanting to get some extra's ? Really not sure but she's sure a nice look'in radio.
tram.jpg

Your not going to like my responce but here it is. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!

If this thing is mint then leave it along or sell it and buy a radio with the channels you want or a tube radio that is not such a collectible. These things are getting harder to find that have not been messed with and yours will only go up in value. If you do insist on doing this then call Ray in Elkin NC at 1-336-835-7852. He is very good on these types of radios and is the ONLY person i would trust to do it right!

I would suggest you look for a Siltronix VFO to use with it that way the mod is very easy and reversible. Come to think of it wasn't there a way to enable the manual tuning for transmitting as well? Would it receive out of band as well as the regular 40 channels besides the "A" channels?

QRN I turned it over to manual the other night and slid between 11 and 12 where a couple of friends were and could talk just like on the main channels so it may already have this done!

Mudduck I already have Rays address ph# and all that I was hoping not to have to ship it off! he is the one that has done all the work on this radio the guy I bought it from had him go thru it whan he got it! I was hoping for a simple mod like adding maybe a xtal or 2 and a switch!

If you can find a Siltronix Mod. 90 VFO with the number 3 on the back and the book that goes with it, it gives the hookup wiring for that VFO and the radio. I have seen the book listed on EBay for about $10.00. Finding the VFO might be Harder tho. I think the guy that sells the book also has some of the VFO's. Make sure that it has the No. 3 on the back. Hoosier 789.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.