• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Transistors ? 2SC1969 Verses NTE 236

This is wild and very informative. I know those little KLV Amps hold out pretty good I am going try one of those b203 boards for in place of the internal speaker :)

To reply to the original topic @ hand, I tried this as a replacement on a galaxy 66 and was very disappointed with the results. Radio would not do more than 16 watts peak.

The Galaxy was already done up (typical NPC Mod) and was doing 32 watts peak 8 or 9 watts Bird rms (I forget exactly how much). Final went due to bad antenna connection and all I had was the NTE untill the 1969 came in I ordered. 3-4 watts Bird was all I could get with the NTE. Even though I completely realigned the whole rig. Popped the 1969 back in when it arrived and was doing exactly the same numbers as it did before it blew! Didn't even have to retune

nightmarenyc said:
The Galaxy was already done up (typical NPC Mod) and was doing 32 watts peak 8 or 9 watts Bird rms (I forget exactly how much). Final went due to bad antenna connection and all I had was the NTE untill the 1969 came in I ordered. 3-4 watts Bird was all I could get with the NTE. Even though I completely realigned the whole rig. Popped the 1969 back in when it arrived and was doing exactly the same numbers as it did before it blew! Didn't even have to retune

Waste of solder, eh?
That sucks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.