• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRB-X3 echo install on a Galaxy 949

rance23

Jul 7, 2011
I am having some trouble on how to go about installing this on my Galaxy 949. I’ve installed these before on cobras & had no problems. The galaxy has the board that is mounted directly to the mic plug on the radio. The only problem that I am scratching my head about is the audio location. I don’t know where to hook up the white wires from J1 & J2. Before it goes into the mic plug board or after, (if it’s after I’ll have to cut the trace coming right off of the solder side of the pin).

no need to cut the trace .
just follow the audio pin trace back to the wire (the trace leads to the wire you need to remove)and unsolder the wire .(it will be near the corner of the board.)
from there you should know what to do if you have done these installs before .

the traces from the pins, for the most part do not lead directly to the wire. from this schematic you're saying just attach j2 to the "mic" point on the board & J1 to the black wire that was in that spot?

Attachments

• mic board.jpg
    mic board.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 61
Ok. Hooked it up as shown above and for some reason everything worked except for the talkback on my radio.
I cut the trace right after the 2 pin solder connection. Hooked up J2 to the pin and J1 to the trace. Now everything works great.

dx949_ept959_ept95950z_vr_layout.gif

upplug ji and j2 when jumper to wire to together j1 and j2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.