• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-465 channel kits, whats on the market?

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
I am looking for a kit to put uppers in my 465. Could care less for lower channels, although having 10khz would be nice but not absolutely necessary.
I found lescom makes a kit Lester's Custom Truck Shop - LesComm Products but its kind of expensive and more than I would need, and I like to keep the red display.

I also read on here it will take a Galaxy or Expo "N"-kit.
How does this work, I dont see any crystals This Is An Expo Galaxy N Kit This Kit Goes 65 Channels | eBay

I thought you had to inject a new signal into the loop on these, but I dont see crystals with this kit?

I am not interested in swapping PLL for a 2816 and messing up my clarifier.

Galaxy N Kit is the way to go.......if you can find one. Doesn't use crystals.....its all ic driven. I've installed several on these radios and they work very well.

Just took a look at that link. That's what you need. They are drying up......better snag one!

Another Hard to find is the Expo Expander 100 N Kit there excellent kits easy to install and have the 3 way switch already attatched to the board. I always kept the N kit I have had for the Uniden PC-122 / TRC-465 because I knew they were scarce.

So how do these different options work. The lescomm looks like it replaces the PLL, the expo 100 from what I gather is a crystal oscillator that injects a new mixing signal into the VCO, but the N-KIT, how does it work?

About 20 years back or so my first ssb radio was a 465. I had a expo kit put in and clarifier opened up for tx. It worked well if I remember it actually had 39 above 40 and below 1. It had an overlap so channel 40 in center position was also channel 1 in the upper channel switch setting. Radio died years back but I kept it with the intention of picking up another 122/465 and setting it up the same way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.