• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trunking

avistar23

May 17, 2005
Nassau Bahamas
So.. mostly everything here, is on 800mhz through one local repeater, hotels have their own repeater but still 800mhz. i find i hear a different conversation every time they transmit, how exactly do i get the scanner to follow the conversation i.e. track the frequencie shifts, ive got an older pro-94 from radio shack. i don't know how to use this thing well i tried the manual out, but i cant figure this stuff out.

any advice?

For a trunking scanner like the PRO-94... you're going to enter all of the freqs that the trunking system uses into it. The scanner will automatically lock on to the control freq. When the control freq handles a transmission, it will jump to the freq that's being used and display the talkgroup ID using it.

The PRO-94 really can't "follow" a transmission per se. It will display the talkgroup ID's that are transmitting on the system and you use that info to keep track of what's going on. Look at the frequency database on the Radio Reference website to determine what freqs and talkgroups are associated with your system.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.