• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

trust worthy amp repair

SF509

Jun 27, 2005
detroit
i need a messenger amp looked at and possibly repaired . can anyone tell me who i can send it to with out getting ripped off ,someone trust worthy..... thank you in advance

Carl at Bells may take him a while to get to it though if he's got a lot on bench. Don't be scared by rates posted usually far less than that. Bells CB repair

Why would you charge different rates for different "types" of CB radios?

That's such a dick move. "The more expensive your radio is, the more I'm going to be able to charge you before you decide it isn't worth repair".....

EVERY electronic item that comes across my bench is a flat 35 dollars an hour. Minimum 1 hour. Plus shipping. Parts = whatever it costs me to get them. I can understand a 'storefront' charging another 10 an hour, maybe.

NOW, if someone wants something custom designed, then it will probably run a bit more than above... BUT, even then, it usually averages that my time = 35 an hour.

--Toll_Free

(When I say "you" above, I'm talking about in general, not the person who posted the link in the first place)....

Why would you charge different rates for different "types" of CB radios?

That's such a dick move. "The more expensive your radio is, the more I'm going to be able to charge you before you decide it isn't worth repair".....

EVERY electronic item that comes across my bench is a flat 35 dollars an hour. Minimum 1 hour. Plus shipping. Parts = whatever it costs me to get them. I can understand a 'storefront' charging another 10 an hour, maybe.

NOW, if someone wants something custom designed, then it will probably run a bit more than above... BUT, even then, it usually averages that my time = 35 an hour.

--Toll_Free

(When I say "you" above, I'm talking about in general, not the person who posted the link in the first place)....
He has never charged me more than $30 to fix or do anything for me, tube amp, 10 meter radio, or CB. Like I said very honest if just loose wire bad connection $10 or so.

Mike's Electronics

He is as fair and knowledgeable as anybody and more so than most, located in Ohio. He's about 20 minutes from me and I've listened to hundreds of his radios over the years played by locals. I don't know what I'll do if he ever retires.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.