• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trying to decide on which one to get and from who

I'm just letting some ppl know from experience that the so called radio tech at sparkys doesn't know what he is doing.Shure I could have brought the 2950dx I bought from sparkys to a real tech and had it fixed but why should a brand new radio have to be taken to a shop and get ligned out.I was so pissed off I wasn't spending no more money on the radio.I know from experience the 2950dx's are good radios if they are aligned and tuned right with the right equipment. by a real cb technician.Every body has there own opinions but I know sparkys cb shack or should I say hack shop will never get nomore of my money.

Trying to decide

chad68, i just bought a rci 63ffc1 from bells cb,and a buddy of minre bought the c2,both radios are very nice and get out very well.As far as the power problem in the truck i ran 8 gage wire to the batts,and have no problems.
the truck is a 2011 peterbilt.I believe youi can get away with 10 gage.
Remember that all high power radios need the big wire to deliver the right amount of amps to the radio. GOOD LUCK.
If you need any help w/install let me know,we have 13 trucks and I do all the installs,and make my coaxs my self.
Truck boss

Just forget the echo and go with the 2970 if you truly like to use SSB because it has a true vfo which I don't think any of your other choices have meaning you can tune to the 10/th of a kc.

I have owned and operated all these brands and due to one thing or another the only one I still use is the RCI.

AMEN to that!!

That makes this much easier - I live in Columbus. He's 45 minutes away. Think I'll give him a call.

I emailed with him, and his price was the same as Walcott's. But, I'd have to spend Ohio sales tax and gas to get there and back, adding a total of about $60 to my final price. I really want a 2950dx that hasn't been tortured by a tech who doesn't care what he's doing.

It's a tricky one, because a $60 difference on a $300 is very significant. If it was half, I'd say WTF. Too bad sparky gets a bad rap, because his prices are excellent. Same with copper. I guess you get what you pay for.

The bad thing is, if you save the $60 now and then have to spend the $60 later to get it the way you want, it's a lot of wasted time.

I've not really heard anything good or bad about Walcott. At least with Copper, HY etc, you know what to expect, lol.

I'm going out there today or tomorrow to pick up a 2995, too bad I couldn't have picked it for you. I'm dropping some stuff off too, so I'll be back out there probably next week.

The bad thing is, if you save the $60 now and then have to spend the $60 later to get it the way you want, it's a lot of wasted time.

I've not really heard anything good or bad about Walcott. At least with Copper, HY etc, you know what to expect, lol.

I'm going out there today or tomorrow to pick up a 2995, too bad I couldn't have picked it for you. I'm dropping some stuff off too, so I'll be back out there probably next week.

Do you live in Columbus? We should try some local comms sometime. I'm in the Hilliard area.

Nah, I'm actually SE of Chillicothe a little, but I have to go through Chillicothe to get to his shop. Meeting you up around the new 207 bypass around Chillicothe would save you like 40 miles though.

Wow I'm shocked to hear someone slam sparky's. I got 2 of my radios from him and like both of them. I guess everyone has there own issues but Sparkys will continue to get my business. And I agree with the 2970 as far as a great radio for what your wanting. Good luck.

I have bought 6 2950dx units from Al ( Sparkys) and they were perfect. Dead on Freq, 100% percent modulation and adjusted just as requested. Whadda think my car club runs ???
I bought a custom built 55v that had a squeal and was fixed as soon as I called.

Got a shatboxen from radiobukeactive and could not get a human to respond.

Maybe I was just lucky at Sparky's.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.