• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TS-50 S "beeps" when powered up

pjatt

Jul 25, 2008
Beep or a tone pick your choise but it starts sounding directly when radio is powered on :confused:,anyone know abaut this.

regards

Pjatt

Nothing is attached to transmitter, power ,mic and antennacables,thats all...its a used one and i dont know whats been done to it,it just "beeps" no mather what buttons i push

Nothing is attached to transmitter, power ,mic and antennacables,thats all...its a used one and i dont know whats been done to it,it just "beeps" no mather what buttons i push
Continuous "dits" or "dahs"? Maybe the keying line input jack is shorted (bent leaf). Plug an unwired stereo phone plug into the key jack. If it stops, that's it.

I have one of these Ive had it for awhile now there is alot of fuctions that can cause this if you dont have a manual I have one for the radio and my matching AT-50 antenna tuner. I also have it on computer disc.

Thx for input all,i downloaded a manual and got some reading to do and i will get back whit what coused it....thx again all

Pjatt

Done some reading and tryed dif settings in meny,but it still "beeps" ,when i push SSB/CW to show CWmode ot transmitts ??? and pushing button to show SSB it stops transmitting.

Done some reading and tryed dif settings in meny,but it still "beeps" ,when i push SSB/CW to show CWmode ot transmitts ??? and pushing button to show SSB it stops transmitting.
:headbang It's like talking to a friggin' post! I'm telling you that your CW key jack is shorted!!!!!!
Check the CW key jack for shorted leafs.

If the thing stops "beeping" when in SSB... that's because it's no longer transmitting. If not the CW key, then the internal keyer circuit is defective.

Try what VA3ES posted, plug in a 3.5 mm stereo plug to the CW key input (see picture, tagged #4).

ts50rear.jpg

Be sure it is just a plug that has no wires to it.

3_5mm_stereo.jpg

while it is plugged in, see if the beeping continues

:headbang It's like talking to a friggin' post! I'm telling you that your CW key jack is shorted!!!!!!
Check the CW key jack for shorted leafs.

If the thing stops "beeping" when in SSB... that's because it's no longer transmitting. If not the CW key, then the internal keyer circuit is defective.

Reading did me good, but did not fix the problem :sad: but what VA3S wrote whas the couse to the issue,thanks for that and hope your headbanging didnt hurt you ;)...problem solved.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.