• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TS-590 AM Broadcast Mod.

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Has anyone done this to their 590? I pulled the case and gandered, there are 2 pins without a shorting jumper. I assume I just need to find a jumper and short the pins.

Supposedly, signals are still attenuated above and below the broadcast portion. I like to listen to a few AM stations, mostly WLW, but not much info on the mod is to be found.

It says it has a local/distance switch. All I see is 2 pins without any jumper.

http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=4684

Remove indicated jumper for the modification. Says nothing about the other pins so don't mess with them.
- 'Doc

Well, I guess add a jumper and see what happens. I don't usually listen to broadcast stuff on my radio so don't really see a need for it. The 'flip-side' of that is that the broadcast frequency ranges are usually attenuated to keep them from interfering or affecting the other frequencies near them (or harmonics). Whatever 'floats your boat'?
- 'Doc

The author of that mod is an Italian station. Maybe the 590 has a european version, I dunno.

I found the same frustration, when I was going to mod my radio. I don't know how similar our radio situations are, but the pictures displayed, of my radio, were the European version. Of course, it looked different, when I split the cases.

Good luck......

I found the same frustration, when I was going to mod my radio. I don't know how similar our radio situations are, but the pictures displayed, of my radio, were the European version. Of course, it looked different, when I split the cases.

Good luck......

Hihi OMG me too ! Jk.

Well get R done !

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good luck......

Hihi OMG me too ! Jk.

Well get R done !

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's done

here's the link......

http://www.worldwidedx.com/icom/58693-icom-ic-2820h-extended-transmit-modification-usa-models.html

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.