• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TUNNING AN AMP AFTER CHANNEL CHANGE?

Stellasstillarat

Aug 14, 2014
I hear some locals on channel 20 am. So I tune up my amp there (channel 20 am). Then I decide to change my channel, how many channel's can I safly go (above/below 20) until it's nesessery to retune the amp? "Palomar 300a"

You don't have to squeeze every last watt out. Tune on 20 or home channel and leave alone.
Peak for max output. I'ld day keep an eye on the grid current, But that amp ain't got one. Give it a little more load or lower the input power.
Run it conservatively and you'll be fine. It's stupid to retune all the time, and your output will not be much different.

Reactions: 357magnum
Good ADvice in last post.

Only Exception would be the Antenna tune variable cap, if your impedance is WAY OFF from ch 20 to ch 1 or ch 40 you may need to touch up the antenna tune adjustment a little.

You don't have to squeeze every last watt out. Tune on 20 or home channel and leave alone.
Peak for max output. I'ld day keep an eye on the grid current, But that amp ain't got one. Give it a little more load or lower the input power.
Run it conservatively and you'll be fine. It's stupid to retune all the time, and your output will not be much different.
I will be running it with my Washington. It's 2 1/2 watts on am and around 12 on ssb. I also have a 4x1446 base amp I run on my tube rigs, all of which are 21/2 watts dead key. Thanks for responding.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.