• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 @ Homedepot

I refuse to shop at Home Depot! Even when I worked with a contractor at one of the THD MrDCs I spent my money at Lowes or other hardware stores. If I want a radio I'll look else where. :)
I have enough CBs but if I wanted another one I would surely look into getting one of those.

When I went to work for Home Depot 11 years ago i was offered 40% higher wages than the competitor that was trying to hire me. Consistently THD offers more than 10% more per hour for any position they hire in at, which easily more than offsets the the 10% discount some competitors give their lower paid associates.
I live in NW Arkansas, the home of Walmart Stores, Inc. My wife works for them in the home offices here in Bentonville. She receives the associate discount, as do I being her spouse. On a more than regular basis Home Depot prices trump the Walmart prices after the 10% discount.
On every hand I have compared the gains vs losses with or without the discount and I have continually landed on the favorable side of the issue just as it is; better wages, and better prices.
All companies who offer discounts to their employees factor those into the the compensation plan. It affects the overall wages scale, and those who rarely use the discount are equally affected in their wages to pay for the benefit as are those who rely heavily on it.

I thought Amazon was one of the big retailers online...I do most of my purchases from there. More than fry's,radioshack,Kmart,target.

F' Walmart ! In my area Walmart is like special ed + Tijuana... not a good mix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 person
I thought Amazon was one of the big retailers online...I do most of my purchases from there. More than fry's,radioshack,Kmart,target.

hahahahahahaah!!!!! Freaking Walmart here is nothing but inbred retards mexicans and welfare recipients... I try to shop at Meijers a better place than Welfare-mart by miles... Walmart is the toilet of the USA!

Amazon is huge online, and a major competitor on some items, however pricing, quality and service from home depot with the option to buy online and return in the store has driven THD online sales faster than Amazon

hahahahahahaah!!!!! Freaking Walmart here is nothing but inbred retards mexicans and welfare recipients... I try to shop at Meijers a better place than Welfare-mart by miles... Walmart is the toilet of the USA!
Zman, I understand your post, and why you feel that way, but for accuracy there is much more to the company than you may be aware.

Me, too.

What I'm hoping for is the day someone buys a 980 online, decides not to keep it, and returns it to the store. Sometimes it is more profitable to sell these returns at the store, and often with discount . . .

Zman, I understand your post, and why you feel that way, but for accuracy there is much more to the company than you may be aware.

I dont care i just dont like them. They are a parasite and drive other stores out of communities....
Let me guess, you work for them......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.