• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

Oh, one other thing, the install of the 980 looks very good. I think the 980 will be a nice radio. I saw one at a local CB shop a while
back and for some reason, I noticed on the box, that Uniden says it has 120 channels on it. Even the dealer found that odd. I guess they figure that people think that LSB/USB and AM equate to 40 channels for each mode. ??

One of my pet peeves is people calling SSB CBs 120 channel radios. I guess uniden is partly to blame. Look at the upper left hand corner of the box.
3uvunyzu.jpg

All that bitching about the beep and nobody's tried that purported mod.

funny isnt it...im waiting for an unedited youtube video for confirmation.
honestly though...i drove over 6 hours yesterday and never gave the beep a thought....i did play w/ the buttons more than usual and really never thought much about the beep....to say the least it did NOT get on my nerves as much as i thought it would.

i think the review (youtube) made me think it would be completely annoying...
now i consider that they guy in the review is testing one button/feature after the other...and thats just not how many will use the radio.

One of my pet peeves is people calling SSB CBs 120 channel radios. I guess uniden is partly to blame. Look at the upper left hand corner of the box.
3uvunyzu.jpg
I've never understood that line of crap either. I'll just call it "marketing" :cool: Butt hey,on the positive side,look how many channels our exports NOW have if configured/marketed that way!!! LMFFAO!!! Couldn't help myself 8-p

They do similar marketing strategy to FRS/GMRS bubble pack radios...and advertise 36 mile range!... people buy them and then find out they're only good for a couple of miles.

I will say I love the radio I was just ticked that no channel mods had hit the forums so I sold mine for an Anytone 5555 that I can program for channels. I have loved Uniden Chassis radios forever but there needs for someone from Uniden to let the cat out of the bag so we can mod these very stable radios

got mine yesterday, works really well, talked on sideband for a while with the dx959 at home and it sounded great, wilson 1000 on the way to replace the small radioshack mag mount

got me a at-5555 as well i paid 198 for it and 10 dollars shipping.Your getting 300 worth of radio for that price and it was brand new.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.