• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden bc350a mod to recieve CB band

riceman

Sep 6, 2010
I've got a uniden bearcat bc350a moble scanner, and the lowest it recieves is 29-54mhz. the bc350c on the other hand recieves 25-54mhz and thus will pick up CB transmissions on 26-27mhz.
Can I do anything to my 350A to mod it and get the 25-54 frequences? I would like to be able to hear CB transmissions on it. Or is the best advice to just buy a bc350c or bc355c?

Reactions: LeapFrog

Good question. I just happened to pick one up myself to today at a swap meet ($5!) and have been looking for mods. If/when I find one I'll be sure to post.

Thanks Chuckzilla, good find and for $5. I gave mine away a couple of years ago and missed it, so I just bought another for $30.
Keep me posted on any mods you find.
ps. we share the same name =chuck

Deals are out there. I got a sc150 for $35 and a bc9000xlt with tone card for $45. pro2096 with a dead display but still receives for $30

Riceman, I looked on the net couldn't find no mods for the scanner. I guess nobody has tried or they ain't telling. Nothing on mods.dk either.

I hate to rez dead threads but I was about to start a new thread with exactly the same question original thread creator, so 5 1/2 Years and nobody hacked this yet?

I'm waiting on mine to arive in the mail, I thought it recieved CB before I bought it DOH!

A 10.400 Mhz crystal is seen on the smaller "floating" pc board, perhaps swapping with a 10.240 Mhz crystal might produce the desired results. I may test this soon, if anyone shows interest & if I really want to scan the C.B.

I did not do any math to reach this idea, so please take several grains of salt about the 10.240 Crystal value.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned