• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden BC8500XLT

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
i would like if someone can link me to specifications of scanner, and features please.

Uniden bc8500xlt

Uniden Bearcat BC8500XLT:

Let me google that for you

How To Use Google To Search

I bought the 8500 when they first came out for mil-air monitoring.This scanner was very prone to intermod.It was replaced with the 9000XLT and I found the selectivity was much better than the 8500XLT.If you're out in the country the 8500XLT would be suitable if you do not need to monitor any trunked or P-25 systems.

uniden-bearcat-bc8500xlt-scanner-500-channel_230650032085.jpg

thats the one ,the other one mentioned looks like the sdame case as well .maybe it does trunking??mine does not and i could never program that stuff anyway .

sure would love a new home patrol scanner but the price tag is too great .

Uniden Bearcat BC8500XLT:

Let me google that for you

How To Use Google To Search

I bought the 8500 when they first came out for mil-air monitoring.This scanner was very prone to intermod.It was replaced with the 9000XLT and I found the selectivity was much better than the 8500XLT.If you're out in the country the 8500XLT would be suitable if you do not need to monitor any trunked or P-25 systems.

uniden-bearcat-bc8500xlt-scanner-500-channel_230650032085.jpg

i got it for $50.00
just wondering what you mean by whats highlighted in bold & underlined.
i live in the city, mainly listen to CHP,local pd,FD,bambulance & ham repeaters.
nothing here is digital yet. i never really used the trunk portion of any scanners iv owned.

P.S google not working mang. i want specs. not gunna find it on the all mighty google.com :(
really just want to know the dimensions. top to bottom side to side back to back,

i got it for $50.00
i live in the city, mainly listen to CHP,local pd,FD,bambulance & ham repeaters.
nothing here is digital yet. i never really used the trunk portion of any scanners iv owned.

P.S google not working mang. i want specs. not gunna find it on the all mighty google.com :(
really just want to know the dimensions. top to bottom side to side back to back,

you got it for $50.00 so you say? well, why not take an old fashioned ruler to it, and measure it ?

oh, and look what i found in less than one minute of searching... on GOOGLE even.
RadioPics Database - Bearcat/Uniden - BC8500XLT

if your tape measure or ruler is broken, looks like the dimensions are
Dimensions (W*H*D): 267*85*190 mm (10½ x 3½ x 7½ inch)

you got it for $50.00 so you say? well, why not take an old fashioned ruler to it, and measure it ?

oh, and look what i found in less than one minute of searching... on GOOGLE even.
RadioPics Database - Bearcat/Uniden - BC8500XLT

if your tape measure or ruler is broken, looks like the dimensions are
Dimensions (W*H*D): 267*85*190 mm (10½ x 3½ x 7½ inch)

sorry got it on eBay. thanks for finding info.(y) I THINK I MENTIONED I AM GOOGLE BANNED.

---> http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=280743812139

i got it for $50.00

By intermod I mean interference caused by close by high power transmitters like pagers or a NOAA weather transmitter,basically like bleed-over on the CB band.

By intermod I mean interference caused by close by high power transmitters like pagers or a NOAA weather transmitter,basically like bleed-over on the CB band.

oh ok thanks (y)

@522 :thumbdown: your a mud duck.:glare: SQUASH!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.