• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Grant, Grant XL, or Grant LT?

dyablo

Jun 20, 2010
I'm intersted in this radio. Just wanted to know which one is best one. In the market for one I realize they are no longer in Production. EBay time.

I'm intersted in this radio. Just wanted to know which one is best one. In the market for one I realize they are no longer in Production. EBay time.

President/Uniden Grant or the Later Grant XLs with the 8719 PLL are the best. I know nothing about the Grant LTs.

If you are in the market for a really fine radio right now, then check out what 'Switch Kit' - a long-time member on this forum that has sold MANY fine radios in the past - has on the swap shop section of the WWRF:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/forum-swapshop/117316-uniden-grant-8719-250-ab-amp-combo.html

This radio would work EXCEPTIONALLY well for either a mobile or base station application. Comes with an amp to boot. I almost bought it myself! Just put a nice mic on this setup and - DONE!

If you are in the market for a really fine radio right now, then check out what 'Switch Kit' - a long-time member on this forum that has sold MANY fine radios in the past - has on the swap shop section of the WWRF:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/forum-swapshop/117316-uniden-grant-8719-250-ab-amp-combo.html

This radio would work EXCEPTIONALLY well for either a mobile or base station application. Comes with an amp to boot. I almost bought it myself! Just put a nice mic on this setup and - DONE!

Wow nice looking rig....Thank.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Been trying to reply to switchfoot but says o dont have privledges.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Best ones to go are the President Grants (5 pin mic) and the Grant XL. The Grant LT's start going into the later Malaysian boards which are hit and miss on quality. The MB8719 President Grants are either made in Taiwan or Philippines, and I think just about all runs of the Grant XL's are Philippines made. Stick with those two models, and you're good.

That combo that Switchkit is/was offering is a great setup, and he doesn't sell junk!

~Cheers~

Grant LT

Happy to say I recently found an LT made in the Phillipines. Works very well, no mods that I can tell so far, decent condition except original owner apparently smoked heavily. Used a solution of water/alcohol/vinegar all over face, covers inside & out & mike. Then sprinkled baking soda liberally everywhere inside & put covers on for about a week. Made big difference in the stench! Next, I'll give it a full bore ozone treatment w/my Alpine air cleaner which should take care of the rest of the smell.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.