• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Grant XL w/ Digiscan Convert To 10 Meters?

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
Well, the topic says it all. I know that people change crystals to make these rigs work on 10 meters with mixed results. I'm just curious if it works any better with the Digiscan and a retune? Is a crystal change still required?

Brett

Well, we're up to 45 views with 0 input. o_O Guess I will continue using what I already have for 10 meters.

Brett

Didn't think that the digiscan made it up to 10m.
Change the xtal too?
The digiscan "shows" it goes to 32 mHz. lol. The receiver poops out at about 27.800 or so. I wasn't sure how things worked with this thing, and if only a retune would be required to cover 28.3-28.7 or so, or if a different crystal would have to be installed in the rig. I really don't know much about the digiscan, and if it has it's own PLL or what. Just thought there might be some old school guys that knew.

Thanks Robb, and 73,
Brett

I found a manual for one... I know there are a couple different models out there. Mine is the plastic case one, not the metal one with louvers. Looks like it is really made for free-band, with no instructions on how to make it do 10 meters. There must be a way though. I wonder if ExitThirteen or Unit 399 read the ham posts? They might have the answer on this since they know so much about the 858 chassis.

It's not the end of the world if I can't do it, but I really like the performance of the rig and thought it would be fun and interesting to use on 10 meters. I already have another really clean Grant XL that I can still use for CB.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.