• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden grant XL

anixon

Jun 11, 2006
nj
can you put a erf 2030 kit into these radios. if so does anybody know where i can get instructions to install the kit.

The answer to your question would be to apply the Cobra 148GTL instructions to your radio.

But, if that is an older finer Uniden.... Don't do yourself the disservice of making it a lesser radio by modifying it. I would leave it alone and purchase an amplifier for it. A receiving station most likely won't hear the difference between the Mosfet modified radio and the stock radio anyway.

Others opinions may differ, but I think it is difficult to make that particular radio "better". It is pretty easy to make it worse however.

Mopar

mopar2ya said:
The answer to your question would be to apply the Cobra 148GTL instructions to your radio.

But, if that is an older finer Uniden.... Don't do yourself the disservice of making it a lesser radio by modifying it. I would leave it alone and purchase an amplifier for it. A receiving station most likely won't hear the difference between the Mosfet modified radio and the stock radio anyway.

Others opinions may differ, but I think it is difficult to make that particular radio "better". It is pretty easy to make it worse however.

Mopar
........100% agreed.

DTB Did an alignment on my 2985 and every one I talk to says it sounds real good and clear. he also set it up to run my amp. I am very happy with his work and highly recomend him to all also :D .

Roger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.