• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden President HR-2510 or HR-2600

the 2600 has a different cpu, which makes it not possible to simply mod for 11-meters. It also has CTCSS and split freq operation.

the 2600 is better with the chipswitch mod because of that.

But overall, they are basically the same, with probably a few other minor differences I have not thought of.

C2 is right. If given a choice I would go with the 2600 and have it chip-switched to access 11m. I like the fact that I can dial in a different freq for each individual band (0-4) and use it like a memory. That gives me 5 freq.s that I use most often that I can access quickly by just pushing the band button to rotate thru. Makes it quick and easy while on the road. There are a number of different mods that can be done. Which ones you want would be up to you. Personally I had the RIT, variable power mods and the finals changed out in mine. I have a 2510 that is not chipswitched but has the same mods and keep it as a backup radio.

73's!!

Wayne C.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.