• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Pro 510 question

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Question: do these radios "forget" what channel they were on if you were to turn it off and remove power to the radio for...say 5 seconds?

I know the new Cobra 19's do....was wondering if this little radio also does or not.

Thanks in advance.

You have 2 of what...the Cobra 19's or the Uniden 510's?

The Cobra 19 I have (19 Ultra III) goes back to channel 1 when you remove power to the radio.

The two 510's I have here we use on the quads when we go ride. We usually stay on ch3 and even after they sit in the shed for a while they power back on channel.

Yup great little cheap radio's for the money. Dare I say it but...........clip the limiter, run a decent mic and they kick a$$ for 40 bucks. LOL

Thanks...but why would you want to clip the limiter....:confused:

As a general rule you don't do this. If the radio has a VR pot for modulation then you would just turn it up. Many of the dinky radio's have no real adjustments to make. In these cases I have heard of people clipping the modulation limiter and getting a louder sounding radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.