• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden warm up

double xl

Jun 27, 2011
have uniden 76 when it is cold takes time to start working. in the mornings it picks up local am radio station but on hot days no problems cranks right up. lights are on but nothing else no sound or key up::confused:

have uniden 76 when it is cold takes time to start working. in the mornings it picks up local am radio station but on hot days no problems cranks right up. lights are on but nothing else no sound or key up::confused:

I have one that had the same issues and turned out to be bad solder joints on the circuit board.

Use a something made of plastic to push around on the solder side of the circuit board to locate the problem area and when you track it down resolder and check to see if the problem is gone.

thanks mack will see what i can do had this one for over 10 years good as it gets

A very good one if you haven't had trouble before now but if it's you problem it's an easy fix, just use a little new solder on the trouble spots and that'll make things work.

again thanks . no never any problems radios been sitting in closet for awhile thought it was full of dust have a couple of them prefer over cobra 29s (me personaly.) good talking radios had grant xl some one wanted it more than i did i guess took it right out of mobile

:never had any problems until now have a couple of these .been sitting in closet for awhile thought it was full of dust. (prefer 76s over 29s) i know people say they are the same so ARE SOME NOT THANKS AGAIN(y)

I would take a Uniden any day over a Cobra, ok I would take a 2000. Cobra never built a radio of there own, they always hired it done. Uniden made some of the best ever Cobra's.

TRIED FOR ALONG TIME TO FIND ANOTHER GRANT XL. I KNOW ON EBAY BUT YOU JUST DONT KNOW. THAT GRANT HAD SO MUCH AUDIO PEOPLE THOUGHT I HAD AMP BEHIND IT(CLEAN AUDIO):drool:

TRIED FOR ALONG TIME TO FIND ANOTHER GRANT XL. I KNOW ON EBAY BUT YOU JUST DONT KNOW. THAT GRANT HAD SO MUCH AUDIO PEOPLE THOUGHT I HAD AMP BEHIND IT(CLEAN AUDIO):drool:

I have 3 Grant XLs. Love them. One has some mods but nothing clipped.Extra channels, varri dk, freq counter. One used alittle and the last is next to perfect. Hope these get me to the long dirt nap. Run them most the time on the base. Peace!

HAVE RUN THE 76'S ON GROUND PLANE MY SON KEYED IT UP WHEN I WAS OUT HEARD IT COULD'NT BELIEVE MY EARS THE AUDIO WAS AMAZING

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.