• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington adjustment

Tripple Nickel

Jun 21, 2013
Monroe, Georgia USA
FYI..........My Washington has a dead key of 4 to 5 watts!!!!
Having never done this, does anyone have a SIMPLE schematic showing which adjustment is made to lower the dead watt on my radio ? Is there any special tool that is needed ? I have a two (2) pill Silver Eagle and it supposedly is Lo drive amp. I have seen schematic in CB Tricks but I have no clue what I'm looking at, so any simple drawing would be perfect for someone like me. Thank's.

vr6 should lower your dead key on a 8719 washington radio. I assume you have the 8719 radio since you called it a Uniden. if you would PM me your email address I can send you what I scanned out of the sams book for the service manual. should be the same as a cobra 142 radio for adjustments also if memory is not failing me.

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.