• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington troubles.....Need help

farmboss

May 3, 2015
Ok first of all it transmits 7mhz low off frq and rec there also because if i turn the clarifier up i can just start to hear people on the channel.. the slide mod has not been done to this radio..It also does this on all 40.. The other thing is when I talk in the radio its got good power but the frquency counter goes crazy like its reading the frequency of my voice...Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Sounds like the Washington just needs a good alignment done. The counter bouncing around when you modulate is completely normal. Only time it should not bounce around is when you throw a deadkey with no modulation. It shouldn't bounce around then.

Get it to a good tech to have a good alignment done on the radio and that should solve your troubles. Good luck! :)

~Cheers~

Reactions: Robb
Thanks Im hoping thats what it is it just started doing that one day
I absolutely agree. An alignment should rectifie the problem. Another good idea would be while it's cover is off, recap it. Therse a couple of sellers on eBay that sell a full set of caps for the Washington.

When I had my Washington aligned I also had It recapped. Even if you think I doesn't need it. It will probably benefit the performance and may save you future trubble.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,