• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden's DSC Dynamic Squelch Control

Chainsawgang

Jan 19, 2007
Georgia
I have 2 or three Unidens with the DSC ( which is NOT supposed to be like SoundTracker) . What do you guys think of it. I have tried it several times but, it seems I pick up bits & pieces of conversations . I have been trying the DSC but, haven't been too pleased with it so far . Any of you guys here have any thoughts?

DSC is basically a pre-set Squelch Level, this was called Auto Squelch on the Lincoln, 2510 and 2600. If you want better control, just adjust the Squelch knob by hand to the level were you want it. About the only time I have found it useful is when using FM mode, just click it on and go to FM.

Jeff

AudioShockwav said:
DSC is basically a pre-set Squelch Level, this was called Auto Squelch on the Lincoln, 2510 and 2600. If you want better control, just adjust the Squelch knob by hand to the level were you want it. About the only time I have found it useful is when using FM mode, just click it on and go to FM.

Jeff

Good Point Jeff !
I agree with you , the normal squelch does work better for that type of usage. I'll try that DSC on FM. THX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.