• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unknown amp -please help- ty

Be Advised - it is one thing to replace the tubes. But be sure and put the covers on it before turning it on. DON'T reach into this amp whe turned on for any reason - HIGH VOLTAGE INSIDE!!!
Leaky coax can be dangerous too when using it. Best take it to a tech after putting the tubes in it. They can deal with that amp - they have the knowledge to set it straight and check it out. They can also instruct you how to use/operate it safely/correctly.

thanks for the link.been a while since i looked for the manual.good to see its out there now.

thats a golden falcon 10 tube amp,i have the same one a man named andy anderson built them back in the day,it uses 8908 tubes good luck on getting them hard to find and pricey,he had trouble with the fcc and the later units like mine and your he left the name off the front it use to say golden falcon at the top hope that helps

8908's
6lw6 if you rewire the heaters in pairs as 8908 has 12v heater.

Nope, I tried that and more; problem is, the 8908 is a Pentode tude, the suppressor grid is isolated as is the screen, the Control Grid and, the cathode. In the 6LW6, the suppressor grid is internally connected to the cathode.

The 6LW6 is not a direct substition for the 8908, the 6lw6 has the same internal construction as the 6146B, just a bigger version.

You wanna build an amp with 6LW6's, it has to be Grid driven but be careful, they will take off and oscillate.

Thanks for all the help I found out it is (from what step father said) Golden Falcon 500. other than that I know no more I would like to try to find out if the GE 8908 tubes are the correct tube or 8975 ? As you see from the pictures they are a 8 pin tube that requires a nipple on top (due to the clamp) is there any other compatible tube out there that would work ? And are the clamps a necessary part to have it work proper.

sorry to :bdh: lol :love:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.