• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

update on the cobra 148 gtl for $50

doc919

Dec 6, 2012
mid south tennessee
Ok I did end up purchasing. It. It came with the "channel mod" . Yes it is the 5 pin side mic .it has the 2166 driver with they 1969 final. (Made in the Malaysia) stamp date is 1995. So far I have had some great audio reports on Am but I still need to get it to a shop to make sure that everything is properly aligned. All seems to work great. So just wanted to say thanks to all on. The advise to purchase this radidio. Take care n 73's

I bought a Philly '89 148 for $40, at a swap shop, last week. Had a hi-lo crystal switch out the back and was way off freq, freq changed pulling the cover off. Clarifier had to be turned almost all the way CW. Pulled the whole setup out and put the original crystal back in the board. No tx power but can be heard on a radio next to it. I should have it on the air this weekend.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.