• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

upper cb frequencies

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Where can I find a chart showing the frequencies of cb above channel 40<the expanded frequencies>.

Tnx
doctor :shock:

Just a question. Why is it that the "charts" include 28 MHZ frequencies that clearly are NOT part of CB? Wouldn't this lead those not fully informed to think that they could use these frequencies as well? Does this lead in any way to adding to the problem of unlicensed operators on 10 Meters?

(now let's not get excited..it's just a honest question.) :)

CWM

This is really a interesting thought for me , 20 years in this hobby and I'd guess to say that 3/4s of the cb'ers I grew up with concerning this hobby in So.Cal all had extra freq's in there radios one way or the other ,(9 out of 10 of them had cb radios) but here's the thing !! We seldom ever used them !! it was just thought of having them made you feel cool and you could go there if you wanted to. The only time I can honestly think they were used is when skip was at it's fullest either SSB on the first 10 uppers or on AM on the first 10 lowers , Why ? because these were usually the best matched freq's to ones antenna , there was never no need to go much further then that period !! At least for me and many others out in my area , having extra freeband channels never really meant to much to us , we just had them. BFD !! Just always seems that there is someone from the other spectrum of things has something negative to say .......or it tends to seem to them that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch , it's far from the truth. some folks just aren't comfortable with themselves unless there moaning and groaning about something. It's really like a disease for them , they have been doing it for so long they tend not to know any better and the same scratch in the records of there lives just skips over and over and over again.

I would point out that, at least recently, the FCC seems to only care once you have stepped over the 28MHz line into 10 meter territory. I am not sure if this is because the HAMs reported it and did the investigative work for the FCC, or if the FCC has just given up on the 27.405 to 28.000 free band.

CW-
I think the 28MHz stuff is included in this chart because that is what that radio covers. It is after all a 10 meter rig that has been converted to an 11 meter freeband radio... right? Or is it a glorified CB, I always get that confused. ;-) I agree with your statements, they seem to echo the enforcement pattern I mention above. Unfortunately, some (not all) do not care and do not want to learn about the boundaries.

Switch-
The bottom line is, we go where the interesting conversation is.:) Hmmmm maybe that is why you hear all those HAMs on 38LSB or 27.475?

Park-
The reason for the jump has its roots way back when the CB was created. Originally there were RC channels(remote control channels for model planes etc...) spread up the band. Some of these channels are still there and known as the "A" channels. 3A, 7A, 11A, 15A, 19A are still there, (side note: I have a Micro$oft wireless keyboard that uses 7A) but originally there where 2 more channels between 22 and 23. These were commonly referred to as 22A and 22B. When the FCC expanded from 23 to 40 channels 22A and 22B became channels 24 and 25. If you look on the chart the order of the channels really goes 22,24,25,23,26.

riq165

Switch-
The bottom line is, we go where the interesting conversation is. Hmmmm maybe that is why you hear all those HAMs on 38LSB or 27.475?

It's all good. :D last I looked ,they surely were not Ham freq's , and you are right about Ham's using the freebands as well , I suppose those freq's don't count for some as they do for others ? IM just a cb'er and like I said before , my antenna is not tuned for Ham bands to begin with , maybe a little education for those that don't know might help the cause ? but then again ,that's what I say about folks that don't vote , less then half of America only votes , maybe if folks were a little more educated they might understand why it could be a very good thing to get out and vote and hopefully make a differance.

Where can I find more radios that can have extra channels? I have a used Midland 75-820 which had a 120 channel mod done to it before I got it, but I though those may com in handy if I wanted to converse with someone else a little more privately if I could find other radios that can be set for the sane frequencies.

For what it's worth, some of the "extras" might still be used by government agencys....so you might want to check on that. The reason I mentioned it, awhile back a couple of friends of mine were run off a frequency by someone they said was a government official (I can't say for a fact if he was or not, I didn't hear it) also it was below 26.965. I know the main topic was about above ch 40, but they (Gov.) may use them there as well. As far as jail or big fines.....likley not, but you never know when they (FCC) might make an example out of someone ;)

far as IM concerned , the government owns it all , if you play by the rules , I'd guess to say that one would have nothing to worry about and wouldn't have others whom feel it nessasary to point the rules out to them every time they found the opertunaty to do so , Isn't that very nice of them to do so ? Kill Joy's come to mind. I think there are many of us who have been around long enough to know the do's and don'ts of all of this , and the only ones "we" who know this should ever have to deal with would be the FCC themselves and not a bunch of kill joy's with nothing better to do. What a waste of time comes to mind but if "they" should get one I'd guess to say they have done there duties to there cause. I bet if "they" could get a way it "they" would come to our houses and look underneath our beds if "they" had there ways. News at 11
(IM really sorry here guy's but this scratch in my personal record of life has worn itself out)

PLUTO said:
For what it's worth, some of the "extras" might still be used by government agencys....so you might want to check on that. The reason I mentioned it, awhile back a couple of friends of mine were run off a frequency by someone they said was a government official (I can't say for a fact if he was or not, I didn't hear it) also it was below 26.965. I know the main topic was about above ch 40, but they (Gov.) may use them there as well. As far as jail or big fines.....likley not, but you never know when they (FCC) might make an example out of someone ;)

This would mostly be hand held to vehicle or hand held to hand held so there wouldn't be much range to interfere with anyone else's comm's.

Switch Kit said:
far as IM concerned , the government owns it all , if you play by the rules , I'd guess to say that one would have nothing to worry about and wouldn't have others whom feel it nessasary to point the rules out to them every time they found the opertunaty to do so , Isn't that very nice of them to do so ? Kill Joy's come to mind. I think there are many of us who have been around long enough to know the do's and don'ts of all of this , and the only ones "we" who know this should ever have to deal with would be the FCC themselves and not a bunch of kill joy's with nothing better to do. What a waste of time comes to mind but if "they" should get one I'd guess to say they have done there duties to there cause. I bet if "they" could get a way it "they" would come to our houses and look underneath our beds if "they" had there ways. News at 11
(IM really sorry here guy's but this scratch in my personal record of life has worn itself out)
...........I'm not sure what your true meaning is here (kill joys) if you are refering to what I posted, I was just giving a heads up to someone who may not have been around long enough....just trying to be helpfull, not a frequency cop......where a person talk at dosen't matter to me. I just wanted the person to be aware is all ;)

park said:
It's hard to believe in this day and time with all the modern tech. that the "goverment" would use 27 mhz for anything.
......you would think so, but if you look at the FCC frequency allocation list some are listed as "Government Agency" and if I remember right, other agencys (local?) were mentioned. Dosen't mean they use them much, kinda like a roll of the dice. I use the extras myself if I want to get away from bull (dead keyers, non-stop music playing,ect) I just stay off certian ones, and definatly stay away from 28 Mhz land :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.