• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

US Ship event on HF

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
So far today I have worked -

USS Yorktown
Coast Guard Cutter Bramble
USS Cassin Young in Boston Harbor
Lightship Huron- Lake Huron , Mich. (40 meters)
USS Indianapolis (Honor event from Indianapolis (ship sunk in 1945) 17 metersThis is the ship the John Wayne movie "Harm's way" was about

Yea it is ! There are around 68 ships that are involved. They do this periodically. Once you have contacted at least 15 of the event ships the Amateur club of the USS New Jersey issues you a very nice certificate. I'll be busy sending SASE's for QSL cards ! :LOL: So far I have 6 counting the USS Batfish submarine I contacted in the spring.

I just made contact with another WWll ship, The American Victory- W4AVM. It is a fully operation ship and was cruising when contact was made :D They are on 14.277 usb.

w4avm.1182293588.jpg

Sonwatcher said:
I just made contact with another WWll ship, The American Victory- W4AVM. It is a fully operation ship and was cruising when contact was made :D They are on 14.277 usb.

Perhaps a contingent of ships is on standby, 2KHz down from that frequency, off the coast of Vancouver island, waiting for KFM's next anti-american diatribe.

Last Saturday, I heard The USS Hornet on 20m. Stationed in San Fransisco Bay if memory serves me correct. Doing a special event because of Veterans day. He couldn't pull my whole call sign out of the pile up. And I am only doin 50w until I get a bigger power supply :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.