• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Useing call #'s

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
Hi all. I here pepole useing call numbers is this something they take on by choice or a club . Some use a name like me and some use a number. As always thank for your post silvereagle1. :confused:

If you don't belong to a club; then just pick any three numbers and stick to using them. That is what most people do - unless they belong to a club and get assigned a number or pick one that hasn't been used yet.

If you stick to a number; then people will get to remember it and know who they are talking to after awhile of you using/repeating it . . .

There's nothing 'fixed' about a 'handle' or set of 'numbers'. I doubt if you could pick one that isn't being used somewhere by someone, or has been used. So, take your pick and have at it. It's fairly common to use some sort of 'modifier' along with a handle or numbers. It can be your state, county, city, whatever. At least then if you run across another 'handle' like yours you won't have to argue about it or change it. There's no particular rhyme or reason for a 'handle', it can be almost anything you can imagine. And who says you can't have more than one?
Have fun.
- 'Doc

Thanks robb I new i could count on someone to give me the up n up. I have been silvereagle since i was still green behind the ears. Griowing up thats what everone called me he-- I was not sure I had a name LOL. Here what I may do. Add the 399 to the end of silvereagle. Think that will work? The silvereagle is for my dad who has pass on some year's ago. We spent many night setting talking on the CB and having fun. The 399 is the last 3 # of our old call letter's. Thanks robb for clearing this up for me. God Bless.

Thanks robb I new i could count on someone to give me the up n up. I have been silvereagle since i was still green behind the ears. Griowing up thats what everone called me he-- I was not sure I had a name LOL. Here what I may do. Add the 399 to the end of silvereagle. Think that will work? The silvereagle is for my dad who has pass on some year's ago. We spent many night setting talking on the CB and having fun. The 399 is the last 3 # of our old call letter's. Thanks robb for clearing this up for me. God Bless.

Sounds perfect, I like the tribute to Dad. And it will help differentiate you from all the other 399's I talk to!

Just remember, DX gets kind of hairy, so you may get called Silver Beagle, Silver Seagull, Silverado, and on and on and on. (y)

RT307

dad used to just use the last numbers of his old call sign along with the word "unit" from back in the day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.