I have been playing around with this thing to today and i actually got it to work. What i did was drill out the center of a direct TV dish and mounted a 4 foot fire stick antenna there. I have it up about 10 feet right now as i am still working the bugs out but after figureing out the ground for this antenna i have the SWR down to 1.2. It's seems to receive and transmit very well and it is very directional with great rejection which is what i wanted from the start of this little project. The only reason i tried this was out of boredom but i was wondering if any of you have tried something like this. The reason i posted this here was because most hams like to experiment and i thought that some of you may have tried this in the past.