• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Varmint XL 350

jc4950

May 16, 2005
NJ Trooper
I pick up a Varmint xl 350 from a friend of mine the other day. He told me it was in working order but the tubes might be alittle soft because he hasen't use it in years. When I checked it out it has 1 6kv6a tube driving 2 6je6c tubes. I had many amps in the past but never a Varmint. I thought the varmints used 6LF6 tubes? The only reason I'm asking is because I have about 8 good 6LF6s in my tube collection. Thanks guys Joey 2AT054

BECAREFUL WITH ANY GOOD TUBES YOU HAVE BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY REALLY GETTING SCARCE AND HARD TO FIND!!

I pick up a Varmint xl 350 from a friend of mine the other day. He told me it was in working order but the tubes might be alittle soft because he hasen't use it in years. When I checked it out it has 1 6kv6a tube driving 2 6je6c tubes. I had many amps in the past but never a Varmint. I thought the varmints used 6LF6 tubes? The only reason I'm asking is because I have about 8 good 6LF6s in my tube collection. Thanks guys Joey 2AT054

I've seen a lot of Varmit (Brewer Labs) Amps but, *I* have *never* seen one with with 6LQ6/6JE6 tubes in it.

Varmit amps were made with the tube sockets mouunted on a PCB, is there a place on that PCB for another tube socket to be soldered in? The extra tube and the larger transformer in the same case steps it up to the next "XL" level.

Can you post pictures of it for your cellphone?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.