• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vertex VX-150 Problems.

Chop

May 11, 2008
Rosepine, LA
hello, i have this vx-150. it's in great condition and the only mods that have been done is a MARS/CAP mod. when i program a channel and input the PL tone and offsets, they never save. as soon as i change channels then come back to the original channel, all my settings are gone and i have to input the info again. it's very frustrating. so i found this software called VX150 COMMANDER. very easy software, used it to input all the info for the local repeaters and what not. i was hoping maybe the info would save by using the software....... well, the software will not import the settings to the radio. i get a timed out message everytime i try to import to the radio. does anyone else have these problems with their vx-150?

I have a VX150 that I programmed using the Commander software. In fact, it's one of my favorite radios. Sounds to me like the radio is having a problem communicating with your computer.

Do this:

Connect your radio to your P.C.

Then:

Open Windows, Click on the Start button, then Settings ---> Control Panel --> System --> Hardware Tab --> Device Manager --> Ports (Com & LPT). Now, click on the plus sign to expand Ports. Here you should see which comm port your radio is using.

Now that you know this.

Open the Commander radio program. Go to Settings --> Comm port and click on the comm port your radio is using in Windows.

You should be all set. Good Luck!

i will try it. i've finally figured out how to program the ht from the keypad (after much frustration and bad words). all my info is actually being saved now, but i will try the program again. thanx.

i will try it. i've finally figured out how to program the ht from the keypad (after much frustration and bad words). all my info is actually being saved now, but i will try the program again. thanx.

Sound like a case of no idea what you are doing. For simple tasks, I find it just as easy to use the keypad.

http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.c...me=vx_150.pdf&FileContentType=application/pdf

A quick search should lead you to a vast wealth of information on that particular programming software as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.