1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Vertex VX-150 Problems.

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Chop, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Chop

Chop Active Member

hello, i have this vx-150. it's in great condition and the only mods that have been done is a MARS/CAP mod. when i program a channel and input the PL tone and offsets, they never save. as soon as i change channels then come back to the original channel, all my settings are gone and i have to input the info again. it's very frustrating. so i found this software called VX150 COMMANDER. very easy software, used it to input all the info for the local repeaters and what not. i was hoping maybe the info would save by using the software....... well, the software will not import the settings to the radio. i get a timed out message everytime i try to import to the radio. does anyone else have these problems with their vx-150?

2. JoeRock

JoeRock Member

I have a VX150 that I programmed using the Commander software. In fact, it's one of my favorite radios. Sounds to me like the radio is having a problem communicating with your computer.

Do this:

Connect your radio to your P.C.

Then:

Open Windows, Click on the Start button, then Settings ---> Control Panel --> System --> Hardware Tab --> Device Manager --> Ports (Com & LPT). Now, click on the plus sign to expand Ports. Here you should see which comm port your radio is using.

Now that you know this.

Open the Commander radio program. Go to Settings --> Comm port and click on the comm port your radio is using in Windows.

You should be all set. Good Luck!

3. Chop

Chop Active Member

i will try it. i've finally figured out how to program the ht from the keypad (after much frustration and bad words). all my info is actually being saved now, but i will try the program again. thanx.

4. GLR

GLR Keeping It Good Natured

Sound like a case of no idea what you are doing. For simple tasks, I find it just as easy to use the keypad.

http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.c...me=vx_150.pdf&FileContentType=application/pdf

A quick search should lead you to a vast wealth of information on that particular programming software as well.

5. Chop

Chop Active Member

thanx, GLR. i don't know how i would manage without you. (y)