• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vertical ontop of beam..

Wiskey Delta-40

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 18, 2011
Bradshaw Mtns Arizona
Ok all the antenna guru's here... I have a question,

I want to put my R7 above my 5 element tri band,

How far apart should the 2 antennas be from each other?

Keep in mind I maybe full QRO at times if that plays a factor in it.

Any and all input is welcome Thnx in advance

That R-7 is very sensitive to where it's mounted, had one. So, it's a sort of toss-up as to how well it may do mounted over a beam. Hate to say it, but about the only way of finding out is to just do it and see.
Another thing about the R-7, unless you've re-built the 'box' I'd be sort of conservative about it's power limitation. And while I'm at it, see if you can locate a substitute for that fiberglass insulator at the bottom, you will need it. Mine lasted for quite some time, but it did get 'eaten up' by the sun. Considering how old that antenna is, I'd start that 'looking' right now.
Have fun.
- 'Doc

Here is what I have as my current set up....
The beam misses the R7 by inches..

I do have the tower tilted over right now due to a wind storm we had here that about took it down so some reconstuction of the base is in order.

So while it was down I would like to move things around. Take the 2 meter off the top and move the R7 in its place. It is not that hard to put up and down with the tilt base I made and the pully system and cables to pull up and down with.......

Attachments

• IMAG0694.jpg
    IMAG0694.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 148

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted