• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VHF wide open!!!

Cheech

Apr 6, 2005
Medina county Ohio
Some of you may have heard the VHF band has been wide open for the past couple of nights. Lots of contacts on the 2 meter amateur band I heard from a friend who is licenced. I am not licenced but I was able to make some out of state contacts on the MURS band running just 40 watts FM.

Well..

Now that am finally home from hospital (been there past 11 days)
Hopefully will start to get my voice back
(oh and i look foward to being able to get more then a hour sleep a night..lol)

I look foward to trying some DX on VHF and even on UHF

as it stands
i now am staying home this week as well
in order to get past all this BS (that started as simple bronkitis)

Doing DX/skip on VHF and UHF is pretty cool when one can do so

i have no voice

i typiclly can get 300 to 400 miles out on VHF
(without persay conditions)

hopefully within the next couple of days
conditions will stay and my voice will return

Conditions are pretty good/ I heard a Ham on a repeater from Richmond, VA.on 70cm. Last night and today I heard NYC and around Atlantic city NJ on 2m ssb. Tonight I heard a guy on 70cm saying he was hitting a repeater in Manhatan.

I live in a VHF hole :evil: :x :evil: I did manage to copy VE1HD about 100 miles away while he worked lots of W1's. :evil: I even copied the VE1CGC beacon in Sydney 200 miles away but did I here ANYone else. Noooooooooooo............. :evil: :x :evil: My 11 element horizontle at 43 feet fed with Andrews 1/2 inch Heliax is still not enough to do the job. The fact that my preamp is toast does not help either. :evil: I need a good mobile tower/antenna combo for those 2m openings. 6m is not too bad from here although a lot of stations do hear more than I do it is not as frustrating as missing a 2m opening. :?

I talked to Hopewell, NJ tonight on 2m ssb. He was running 1500 watts. I was doing 10 watts with 8 element yagi in the attic and giving him an s9. :) Almost 200 miles.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.