• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage Cobra 132

nightwatch

Jan 13, 2007
Somewhere Deep Below the Earth
Hi Everybody! I have a question. I bought an old vintage cobra 132 in pretty good condition. I being the dummy that I am, have absolutely no info on this radio. It's a 23 channel AM/SSB. I googled for info, and did a search here with no results. Do any of you know anything about this CB?? I really don't need to know how it works, I'm more interested in the history of this model, and the quality (or lack of) the radio.

Thanks, and have a good one. :)

132 /135

The Cobra 132 mobile is the same as the Cobra 135A or B base.
The 135A was the first Base radio I ever bought (Used).
Not bad for a Xtal radio, I did fiind that the unit has a Master Xtal to allow for full conversion, My Original radio had a Mini Relay and a Dual xtal board installed that switched the 12MHz xtal with a 13MHz xtal using the NB button. It gave me 1 to 23 and 26 to 55 (27.555Mhz). It did skip every 4th channel but another relay addition would bring them back and add the 'A' channels.
I used it for years. It was a good radio.

If your looking for info try a search for the Cobra 135A or Cobra 135B.

Roger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.