• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Washington key up noise

Let me know how you make out. I am waiting on a complete cap "kit" from a guy in canada. 2 weeks now. Mine only seem to be audible on SSB also, but I think that is because there is no carrier.

Side note, I made a franken mic from an astatic, cobra stock, and cobra power.(y) I think there is a buffer or filter circuit of sorts, as it doesn't do it with this mic. But is did with all the mics before making them one. I also have a brand new D104 M6B and it did it with that. So I can say I haven't solved it yet. Waiting on more parts, lol:mad:

Well, after fixing a broken solder trace for a different problem, putting all new capacitors in it, the electrolytic anyway, and trying all different mics and a different audio chip, I still have the key-up birdie, ughh.:headbang

I finally had a chance to look at my washington tonight. I saw a mod for changing c179 from a 2.2uf tant cap to a 2.2 elec cap. when I found the cap it had a burn mark on it kind of like it was hit by a soldering iron. I touched this spot and the whole top crumbled off. so since it was obviously no good I changed it out and my noise ( only noticeable on side band ) went from a key up fart ( approximately 1.5 to 2 seconds long ) type sound to a little ping. so its a step in the right direction I suppose.i'll have to do more searching.

nope, I have checked that too, this thing has been put back to stock. It only had the clarifier unlocked when I got it. I hate that so I put it back to stock.

I finally had a chance to look at my washington tonight. I saw a mod for changing c179 from a 2.2uf tant cap to a 2.2 elec cap. when I found the cap it had a burn mark on it kind of like it was hit by a soldering iron. I touched this spot and the whole top crumbled off. so since it was obviously no good I changed it out and my noise ( only noticeable on side band ) went from a key up fart ( approximately 1.5 to 2 seconds long ) type sound to a little ping. so its a step in the right direction I suppose.i'll have to do more searching.

I replaced that cap too, and cleaned the relay, I will eventually find it I am sure. My time has been ate up trying to get this POS klv550 sounding good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.