• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WATCHING THE DX SHIFT AS THE SUN MOVES EAST TO WEST

Saw my call there, PA5COR LOL.
From here, the Netherlands i work in the morning New zeaaland aussie, Indonesia, Japan etc that changes over the day to South America then North America following the grey zone on 10/12/15 on the Imax 2 K, on the OCF dipole for 80 to 10 is a bit directional aimed NNW to SSE but almost same properties.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
That's pretty much how it works. For us out here on the West Coast of Canada, the daily skip cycle starts in the pre-sunrise hours with Europe (sometimes), Africa (occasionally), and the East Coast. By midday there are overwhelming amounts of skip from Central and South America coming in, plus the central U.S. By mid afternoon it's all about the West Coast, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. In the early evening stuff way way out to the East comes in, like Indonesia, Phillipines, Japan, Siberian Russia, and Malaysia.....plus lots of mysterious Asian signals on weird split frequencies. By about two hours after sunset it's all over for the day.

One thing I've noticed that's different with this skip cycle compared to others is that there has been no night-time skip at all ! In other peak years there's often been late night skip into the Western States and Alaska. This year......nada. I wonder why the difference ?

I remember occasional late night openings to the east coast sometimes lasting to 2am or later. That was last cycle. This cycle I haven't heard any...unless I missed them while sleeping?

10/12 die in the night here, though 15 and lower stay up here mostly i go lower in bands when the night falls up to 160 meter late at night.
Maybe SFi needs to get higher before 10/12stays open.
No E skip in the night either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.