• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

water kills

V

vnsdeacon

Last friday a woman died from drinking to much water on a radio morning show.She was trying to win a nintendo WII. I am having trouble posting the video.It is on aol news. If any one could help me. Thanks

Electrolytes are a very important factor in the human body. I know with my illness. The doctors really watch them with me.

vnsdeacon said:
Last friday a woman died from drinking to much water on a radio morning show.She was trying to win a nintendo WII. I am having trouble posting the video.It is on aol news. If any one could help me. Thanks

What a way to go . :cry:

re: Over-Hydration

Over-hydration can be just as much of a killer as dehydration. Wash all the electrolytes out of your body, and you are screwed.
my question is: who at the radio station signed-off on the contest to begin with? The station fired all the DJ's on the morning show that were involved--but the station itself should take responsibility. The fact that they sponsored this is a liability issue--they failed to provide proper oversight.

Media coverage today was that the family of the woman that died is suing *someone* for this, of course. What ever happened to personal responsibility? No one held a gun to her head and said, "drink so much water that you die." Personally, I think it was her own fault. The fact that she was ignorant of the possibility of poisoning herself with too much water was her fault.

"Here's your sign."

ButtFuzz said:
Dihydrogen Monoxide toxicity strikes again.

I think, "Hydrogen Hydroxide" (because one of the hydrogen atoms is bonded with the oxygen atom) Poisoning is a better way of putting it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.