• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Watt meter and dummy load, which to buy?

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Hello,

Looking to buy a watt meter and a dummy load. I was wondering which watt meter is recommended if I just want to see power output of my stock CB. Maybe a meter thats accurate. Is having the ability to read forward/reverse swing necessary?

Also, will any cheap dummy load off fleabay work so I wont toast the radio upon keying up?

Thanks! :)

Hey Doffo, I recently acquired a MJF-264 1.5kW dummy load that has served me well. I know some people had quality issues with this dummy load. For me, I have no complaints. Ive put up to 1kW into it many times and so far its resistance has remained the same. Whatever you end up buying, try to buy right the first time. Quality and room for expansion.

If you buy a used dummy load, make sure the DC resistance is very close to 50 ohms. Some old military gear required loads of other values, so a 70 ohm dummy load would be perfectly good for that application but not necessarily for your use.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.