• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

weather band

tunercars

Sep 12, 2012
can you add weather to a radio that didn't come with it do they make a kit or can you take it out of another radio ?

Hello All: Anything can be modified, but it sure is taking the long long way to get there. That modification is just plan not practical. Cheaper, easier, and way less hair pulling would be to use a inexpensive scanner radio. Keeping an ear on the weather is a great help. I know got caught in a blizzard in Utah once. So I have a old cheap scanner that monitors the all the weather channels.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert 889 Listening in on CH 16 LSB, 27.155Mc.

i get that but a friend of mine was asking if there is a kit that can be had to put it in the radio so there is no need to have a separate scanner

i get that but a friend of mine was asking if there is a kit that can be had to put it in the radio so there is no need to have a separate scanner
More radios are more fun than less radios!
There are several inexpensive CB radios that have weather channels built in. Probably find one for cheap on Craigslist.

Reactions: tunercars

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.