• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Welcome back 11m DX!

2CO3026

Mar 14, 2009
Cornpach, IL
WOW! Talk about “what a difference a day makes,” somebody opened the E-layer door and the skip was a-rollin’! Yesterday was nothing, but today the band came alive. I had a couple good SSB QSO’s on channel 16 (LSB), and also a couple real nice SSB (also LSB) QSO’s on 27.145. One guy and I actually went from one RC channel to the next, all 5 of them! It was a blast. Also, some of the “in between” channels (27.380 and 27.370) were nice and quiet, perfect for a few lengthy QSO’s instead of the usual “hello/goodbye” type. I worked stations from the east coast, southern states, and western states.

Let’s hope these conditions last awhile! Now, back to the radio…

-

I made several contacts in my weaky mobile to Oregon, Wash, and others. Using a Galaxy DX99V and a Wilson 1000 - barefoot. On my base on both AM and LSB, I made a dozen more. At this time, it is still happening. Radio used on my base is a Magnum OmegaFiorce - barefoot
Standing by to read the mail. Triple 4 said it around San Jose CA...

DX

I was on working around the country, lots of fun, did try chnl 16<regular>, but didn't hear any ssb, the Galaxy doesnt go in between chnl, would have to hooked up the other radio but was lazy today, anyhow will still look on chnl 16..

DOCTOR/795

there is quite a few of us locals up here that collect antique 11M gear and like to run 16LSB...will have to keep and ear out for you guys there....

my recieve was packed in the uper channels and WELL above "CB" with skip

10M was jumping as well (although not as crowded) and i was able to check into the "Oklahoma 10M net" with a "100% copy 9db" signal running just 100 watts on my maco 5/8 thru the tuner in the 940 from here in pennsylvania

scott

there is quite a few of us locals up here that collect antique 11M gear and like to run 16LSB...will have to keep and ear out for you guys there....

Definitely, bioman! Hey, check Sparky's post. His sig has the address of his (our) Yahoo! group that's dedicated to 16 SSB (plus other freqs. inside the 40 channels). If I'm not mistaken, Doctor is a member (if you're the same one) there, too.

I had a QSO on 16 LSB yesterday with a guy in Colorado. Keep on keepin' on, conditions!

Very nice setup, by the way!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.