• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

The Sunspot(SN) number for today is 228. Yesterday it was 170. I thought conditions would be off the chart. I made a strong contact into Italy this morning, seemed like it was going to be another record day. I had to leave the radio for 4 hours and came back to ... fizzle. No where near where it was yesterday. Yesterday I was going LSB because of all the traffic on USB. Damn DX!

cakestandTarget_zps60cd1f2a.jpg

I had the rig on 10 meters yesterday, just swl'ing.

I was working on the 3-1000Z home brew I put together and listening to the QRM from everywhere.

Robb good contact to the Falklands, only worked there one time.

The pacific has really been quite here, but I did talk to Mark from South Korea again today (actually I do talk to him almost everyday), also along with another station from the Philippines. Thailand has been zzzzzz's.

Hey Robb, do you mind me asking what sort of power you typically put out while DXing?

FNH
As little as I could; getting contacts with less than 20 watts made it harder to do as I depended upon using the 4 element Yagi beam 99.9999% of that time with xlnt results. Of course, skip conditions went my way too. Never used an amplifier, as I keep my neighbors happy that way. Never had any complaint from any of them. Never needed an amp.
Robb good contact to the Falklands, only worked there one time.

The pacific has really been quite here, but I did talk to Mark from South Korea again today (actually I do talk to him almost everyday), also along with another station from the Philippines. Thailand has been zzzzzz's.
I was a little surprised to get it, but I did get it once before two years ago. So few operators on that small island.

Never got Thailand before, and it doesn't look like I will ever get it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.