• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what antenna should i use?

dway87

Oct 14, 2006
San Angelo,Tx / Fredericksburg,Tx
hello all. i recently bought an 07 chevy silverado and want to put my uniden 78 elite in use again. the only thing is that i don't know what antenna set up to use. i was thinking about using a hood mount with the wilson 2000 antenna but i don't think it will work since the center load won't be above the cab. i really don't care for the roof/magnetic mounts but will use them if i have to. thanks!

Will that antenna work on the hood? Yes, maybe not the best in the world, but it'll work. You might also think about mounting it on one of the bed side rails. Or, if you have more money than needed, there's a plate that will mount underneath the third brake light. Has a 'shelf' extended both to the rear and forward to mount lights on. Seen one in 'J.C.Whitney'. Unfortunately, they think it's worth much more than I do!
- 'Doc

(I've got a Silverado too.)

74 is right if you want the best of the best.

I would go for a roof mount Wilson 1000, however! Its hard to beat!

If you must go for some kind of fender mount or bed mount, the P-10K followed closely by the Wilson 2000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.