• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHAT ARE THE MEANINGS OF YOUR AUTHOR NAMES ?

Scooters got real popular here in the last few years because of the price of gas but has slacked off mostly because its hard to find service info on them alot were fly by night outfits and the quality sucked there are a few still around mainly the italian made ones!

My poor neighbor :( he has a Honda Scooter ,kind of looks like those Vespa's , It's a nice little bike , I can't remember the named name of it ??? He's only had the thing for about 2 years , he was telling me today it's been in the shop for 2 MONTHS !! I said WHAT !!! He's a handicap so sometimes it's little hard to understand him , but he would just say it would go for a block or two and thn cut off on him ? Wait awhile ,and it would go another 2 blocks and do the same thing ??? His warrenty expired from Honda where he baught it , I told him to get the thing back where it's been sitting for 2 months and take it somewhere's else. I mean .......it really doesn't sound that serious ....does it ???

SORRY FOR THE ABSENCE BEEN MAD BUSY, BUT THE NAME IS A NICK NAME A FRIEND OF MINE'S DAD GAVE ME AND IT SORTA STUCK. IF YOU EVER ARE ON ANOTHER FOURM AND SEE IT YOU CAN BET YOU HAVE FOUND ME :) IT'S THE ONLY ONE I USE ONLINE. BUT THE HANDEL IS COWBOY OR UNIT 45 ON SSB.

AND NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY :)

CHUCK

What's your sign on name mean?

marven: Short for marvin the marsian; radio handle from the 80's. Changed the spelling for protection. lol
( accused of doing electronic experiments at the radio shop) when they didn't work it was " back to the drawing board, these experiments won't conduct themselves", quote from the cartoon.
Then it just got shortened to marven, which is what I named my shop. Marv's Radio Shop; cb, hf, uhf, vhf & remote control, obviously still experimenting. lol Some of them even worked. ha I need to go work on one now. :shock:
Thanks for putting up with me. I'm still learning.
marven :roll:

weatherman49 said:
Scooters got real popular here in the last few years because of the price of gas but has slacked off mostly because its hard to find service info on them alot were fly by night outfits and the quality sucked there are a few still around mainly the italian made ones!

Yea the Chinese have inundated us with crap cheap plastic pot metal things... and people buy em. Not to mention the poorly restored shiney turd Vespa's coming in from Indonesia and Vietnam. They are simple machines but they are Italian after all. So you have to be prepared to work on them yourself.

No switch that scooter sound fixable. It in fact sounds like it just needs a new fuel tap. Those Honda's used Vacuum taps. At worst its probably a fuel flow and carb rebuild. They are dependable things those Honda's. Not sure how old it is but is it a Metro? Or an older Helix?

Yes Bee's. Go to my web site and see. I don't have very many pictures up because I am jsut redoing the site. I do have about half the Vespa ones up. But only a few in some of the other categories. This might be a good one for you! I am about full of hobbys now. Can't spare another moment! :shock:

You think 50 mph on 10" wheels is scary? (and it is... but) this one tops out at 85 mph on 10" wheels... and does it using only 172cc's...

_wsb_520x400_T5fistcitywin9.jpg

Oh yea... those are solid little scooters. I suspect thats a 4 stroke one as I think Honda had moved to 4 stroke by 04. I think they did anyway. Very fixable and very well made though. I would first suspect its in the fuel delivery. Perhaps whats happeing is that the fuel flow is reduced or restricted and its outrunning the carb bowl. If it starts right back up after a minute or two. Thats the carb bowl refilling. So that is often those taps. They don't open up all the way or stick or even the Vacuum line that operates it gets a leak in it and will not open it all the way.

If its having to cool completely down before it will restart it could be the CDI, but those are rarely a problem so I doubt it.

If it starts back up fairly soon after it dies I would suspect fuel flow. I don't recall if they had a fuel filter in line or not. I would check and see. Could even be that or a pinched fuel line or something. I know a few scooterists out in California that probably could help. Also if he is computer literate have him go here and these guys can help you out:

International Scooterist BBS - new scooter board

Thanks Phil , I did pass the info on to him (wrote it down) , remember , he's somewhat a can short a six pack from birth I would guess ? When he told me it's been where ever he's had it for getting on 2 months ,I told him that just did not sound right to me and to get it out of there and try taking it to somebody else along with the info you supplied. That's the best I could do for him , he said he would. Thanks again Phil.......just don't make any sence to me at all why it would sit in anybodies shop for 2 months !!!!

Where in California are you Jim? Maybe I can suggest a shop that will take care of him. I know one in San Diego and one in LA too. And probably if he posts up on the Scooterist BBS someone will perhaps come help him out.

Tahnsk again Phil , thats' about 60 or so miles away , IM sure he should find somehwere a lot closer then that . I just don't understand why Honda wont fix it ? ......oh yeah !! he said his warrenty was lapsed , IM guessing he may not wanted to pay the dealers prices ? Yeap !! Those dealers will take you to the cleaners unless you have some insurance on your stuff. :(

That probably is the case. I mean Honda can fix it. And fix it fast too since they should know immediately whats wrong with it. Some of them are better than others about doing it though. But there should be an Independent around that should be able to do it too. Although its often better to choke it up in some cases to get the dealer to do it. Normaly they at least warranty their work for a period of time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.