• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are you guys on the west coast hearing??

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
Dx has been pretty sparse here for a while. During the day it is totally dead. It usually picks up a bit in the late afternoon, but I only hear stations east of the Mississippi. What are you guys on the west coast hearing ?? I think that skip conditions change with the seasons, and when the sun is vertical to the equator ( Mar,Apr,May and Sept,Oct,Nov), the Northern and Southern hemispheres get equal amounts of solar energy and the skip is rolling. In the other months, it's all Northern or all Southern. I look for DX to start picking up in late August. What do you guys think?

Most of the DX out here has been working north up into the pacific northwest and only east into about the Midwest
Later in the afternoon I have been hearing Hawaii and the Pacific Islands.
10 Meters has been having openings just about the same, with some DX late in the evening to the Midwest as well.
I have not been hearing anything into SAmerica.

Jeff

What am I hearing?????
How about this guy in Columbia, S. America sitting on top of a 6500' mountain, talking into Italy but doesn't want to turn his antenna to the West coast.

I think he is WR0399, but he just wants to talk to the East coast and Europe.

But other than that - just New Zealand, Australia and the French Polynesia in the Pacific. Just a couple now and then from Brazil.

Last 2 wks has been good into Alberta/Sask Canada also.

Last edited:
Larry -

I had no idea that I was getting up to the NW corner today. It would have been great to talk to you. Tomorrow, I'll swing my antenna your way and give you a shout. Maybe we can hookup. 73s

. 399

Robin,

I've been talking to several guys from Edmonton, been asking about you - but know one as heard of you! LOL..

Also talking with guys from Boyle (just north of you), Peace River, Hay River, Calgary, Fort McMurray etc.

JJ,
Ok - I will be listening today for you, but I am only going to call for you just 3 times this time, no more of this 8-10 times ok!?

i usually go to my favorites and click on the westcoast live videogates and see whats happening

Dx has been pretty sparse here for a while. During the day it is totally dead. It usually picks up a bit in the late afternoon, but I only hear stations east of the Mississippi. What are you guys on the west coast hearing ?? I think that skip conditions change with the seasons, and when the sun is vertical to the equator ( Mar,Apr,May and Sept,Oct,Nov), the Northern and Southern hemispheres get equal amounts of solar energy and the skip is rolling. In the other months, it's all Northern or all Southern. I look for DX to start picking up in late August. What do you guys think?

...I've been talking to several guys from Edmonton, been asking about you - but know one as heard of you! LOL..

Also talking with guys from Boyle (just north of you), Peace River, Hay River, Calgary, Fort McMurray etc.

Well, hot digity! ... my radio still works. Just spoke with a few guys around Bend, OR. Getting close to you Larry!

Regarding the locals around here, they are few and far between and I rarely stray from T5. Let the games begin!

Regarding the locals around here, they are few and far between and I rarely stray from T5. Let the games begin!
Well there ya go Robin - being on T5 is the problem!

It's either 38 lsb or 19am is where the action is! Had a good 2 min. qso with a guy in Ft McMurray on 19 just 2 days ago (we have talked 3 times now - he works in the oil fields there). Also have talked to 4 other stations on 38 in the last 2 wks now - all from Edmonton.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.