• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what grade aluminium for radials, I used 6060,

rizz

Feb 27, 2011
I was going to buy some more aluminium for some radials but notice many people selling aluminium tubing for antennas as 6063 T6, I bought EN 6060 Aluminium by mistake I dont know if it makes a lot of difference in the grade of aluminium used for antennas maybe 6063 has better conductivity ?. I think I will get 6063 T6 next time even though I have no idea what the difference would be.

I don't know, but I'd expect the increased magnesium (the difference between the two according to WP) would make it more durable. magnesium is know for lightness and strength.
good question though. I've just started looking around at tubing info trying to decide on how to build my moxon.
if it takes off, I think I'll enjoy reading this thread.

6063 T6 will telescope exact into the next size if 5he wall is .056 in IIRC. Different types are just for mechanical reasons and will perform the same electrically. Some is stiffer than others while some are more resistant to oxidation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.