• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What have I Got?

Randy Mullins

Oct 12, 2008
Dalton Ga.
I recently traded for a old tube type amp. it is fully operational, its kinda old 25+ yr. I just need a name 4 for it,It puts out a little over 1 k on every meter I got,it has 4 driving tubes and eight power tubes all tubes are 35lq6 it has 3 transformers and is bigger than a D&A Phantom . 4 switches on frount ,two big meters and tune and load on frount and two little lights one is a tuneing light.. anybody know what it is .. thank you.. outlaw 714 Dalton Ga.

Well it definitely sounds like a D&A, and the tube compliment sounds like an old 12 tube Phantom, The Phantom was made in 3 versions AFAIK, a 10 tube, a 12 tube, and the PDX400, the T600 was also a close variation. Sounds like you have the 12 tube Phantom. There was also a larger D&A called the warrior but that was 12 driven by 4, it was also two pieces, RF deck and the PSU. But I would also agree a picture would be helpful..

It sounds like a D&A that has been converted from the original 6lq6 tubes to the 35lq6s.
Something about the 3 transformers.
I'm surprised that it is only doing 1k.
Can't figure out why anyone would that though.
One thingis for sure though (if my search is any indication) finding 35lq6 tubes will be a true mission.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.