• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What have you used duct tape for? And are you a true redneck

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well i had a friend that got in a bar fight one night. He went to the bathroom and walked out to his car and he had a beer bottle thrown through the window. And what did he use to fix it? Duct tape :D I have also used duct tape to fix the pipe that was leaking in the bath room, And also used it for the water hose outside when it got cut open. Also find out if your a true redneck. www.blogthings.com/howredneckareyouquiz/ 80% for me

55% for me, if those friges on the porch quit running my % will go up!

Ok about the duct tape. I am a retired pilot, once I was flying a small twin engine aircraft that had a cracked wing tip (there made of plastic) a mechanic patched it up with duct tape and I flew it like that for a few days untill the new wing tip came in, those were the good old days......

I don't know what it is with Canadians and duct tape....
But anyways, at my daughters school, alot of her friends make stuff out of duct tape--= seriously
So far I've seen a backpack, baseball hat, a vest, slippers, purses, gymbags and a few other things
If I asked her, I could more than likly get a list of things made out of duct tape she has seen that would surprise the hell out of me
The backpack looked cool anyways....

I used to work at a place that shipped everything by air, one night someone hit the side of a DC-8 and put a small hole in the fuselage (sp?) the mechanic put what appeared to be white duct tape over the hole. He said it was a type of high grade aircraft tape. Wished I could have got a hold of some of that ;)

i have used duct tape for body work on trucks. cover the rust hole in duct tape slap some bondo over it and sand er down! also have used duct tape for a spare alt belt on car, did not work long but long enough(panty hose works better), duct tape on the drain is a given, plumbers best freind, and the all time best use of duct tape, hair removal on your passed out buddy as he sleep innocently on the couch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.